*It has come to our attention that gmail has recently started to flag the weekly newsletter as Spam. Please check your Spam Folder and click on the email from email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org then click on the Report not spam button.*
Greetings my fellow Gooners,
I am delighted to be back in the Exco and serving you as the President of our beloved Club.
2019/2020 in Review
2. It was an eventful 2019/2020 season. Arsenal had three different managers, finished the season in a low, an eighth position and then won a FA Cup, qualified for Europe in this coming season and stylishly, pushed a club, I will not mention the name, to the qualifiers. Given the circumstances, it was an acceptable season.
3. And then the world changes drastically with Covid-19. All of us are affected by the pandemic. As a Supporters’ Club, we were not spared. We no longer have a place to call home. Despite that, the Club continues to function. Pre-Covid phases, the Club organised futsal, charity events and membership drives, etc. During Covid, activities were limited to online activities, via Zoom platform.
4. To have a seamless approach for sign-up and renewals, the Club had reviewed and transformed our membership processes using online and payment portals while the distribution of membership cards was outsourced.
2020/2021 Always Forward
5. On the Arsenal front, the club started with a bang, winning the charity shield for the second trophy within 8 months. Is this a curse? We bought Gabriel and got Ceballos on loan.. is this enough? Let’s see how the season pan out.
6. To recap, Arsenal Singapore was officially formed in 2007 and will continue to exist with your strong and enduring support. Our members are the utmost priority and we will continue to look after their interest. All these years, the Club has accumulated funds, to be utilised for the future of the Club and your benefits.
7. On top of the agenda, we have to find a new home for the Club as soon as the restrictions have been lifted or if the situation allows. I hope our members can be involved when we start looking for a venue. It will be our home after all.
8. At the moment, the Club has tied-up with Crown Sports, to benefit our members with discounts on Arsenal merchandise and other sporting goods. We aim to get more collaborations in future. In terms of events, we will organise interesting activities, with prizes, for our members. So far, subject to confirmation, we intend to organise virtual runs, Fantasy Premier League games, FIFA video games competitions, Zoom meetings with Arsenal players, guerrilla events, among others. I am confident that you will continue to give your immense support in the activities organised by the Club. This season, we will implement an incentive system to reward our participating members throughout the season. More details will be provided through our social media platforms, i.e., Facebook and Instagram. Please join these platforms if you have not done so, to avoid missing out on our exciting random activities!
9. The season opener on 12 September 2020, is against Fulham at 7.30pm. So before kick-off, we intend to hold an ad-hoc online event to commensurate the new SEASON! Please do look out for the details via our social media platforms!
10. I also look forward to receive any views, suggestions and thoughts from you.
Best Wishes for 2020/2021
11. Now that we’ve got Arteta, let us hope that he can bring Arsenal to greater heights for this coming season. I look forward to seeing you in the near future and let us have a wonderful season ahead! Finally yet importantly, please do your renewals and recommend Gooners you know to sign up as members. Together, we will make our Club the best in Singapore!
12. We are presently experiencing technical issues with our renewal platform, https://members.arsenalsingapore.com/V2/membership. If you experience any technical difficulties and unable to renew at $30, please email to email@example.com, for an offline process.